Friday, February 22, 2008

One Sick Family

Wow! This week has been horrible! I haven't had time to write anything. Tuesday night I ended up taking Abby to the hospital cause she kept throwing up and everything that goes along with that. I didn't want her to get dehydrated so I took her in just to be on the safe side. They ran some tests and everything but it all came back negative. They told me it was probably just some kind of stomach virus. Whatever it is was is apparently contagious! Wednesday night it hit Emma and me. I didn't get any sleep that night. I was more sick than Emma. That's good...I guess. At least when I throw up, I know to go in the toliet. But when I wasn't puking, I was cleaning up Emma's mess. Everytime she got sick I had to change her clothes and her blankets and everything. That is not fun, especially in the middle of the night when you're already sick. Yesterday I was so exhausted, I just laid on the couch and slept as much as I could. Scott took care of the kids when he was home. When he had to go to work my grandma came over and helped. Now she and Scott are both sick. I'm feeling better, still a little tired though. My mom is coming down today. Hopefully she doesn't get it too. I'm trying to get everything washed and disinfected, but it's hard to get moving.

On a brighter note, we got our cloth diapers Wednesday. Since I got sick and the kids were having some pretty unpleasant diapers, I decided to wait until we were feeling a little better. I started using them today. My only problem with them is they put some extra junk in your trunk. A lot of babies we know could use the extra padding to hold their pants up. Emma on the other hand, has enough junk of her own! It's kinda funny. So far, so good though.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I am so sorry to hear that you have all been sick! Sick babies is definitely not fun!! I hope you are all feeling back to normal very soon!

Terry Delaney said...

Shelly, praying for you! I'm not sure which is worse, sick mommy or sick kids but both? yuck! The cloth diapers do add a little bulk to their back ends huh? :) my kids actually benefit because they often are too skinny to keep their pants up! Hope you are all feeling better soon!! (this is Krista, not Terry)

Kara said...

Girl I feel ya!! Thankfully only I was sick yesterday though. I think I ate something but I could not sit up with out throwing up!

Hope you guys are feeling better! I have your order, will bring it tomorrow.

Lynn said...

I'm getting sick too! I haven't thrown up yet, but I woke up with a sore throat yesterday and was all achey and stuff. i hope I'm not catching the flu!! I hope you guys feel better soon!!!