Friday, February 15, 2008

Bye-Bye Binky

I am happy to announce that Emma is pretty much off the binky! For the past 4 or 5 months she has only been using it to sleep, but that was beginning to be a problem, because if she woke up in the night I would have to go in and find her binky for her before she could go back to sleep. She's 16 months now. For some reason, that seems to be the age that all her friends got theirs taken away too and now that we're at that point, I see why. We only started taking it away yesterday and she's doing great! The first time she screamed for abour 30 minutes which was about what I expected it to be. The second time it was only 10. The 3rd time was maybe 5 minutes, probably less. And when I put her to bed tonight it was only 30 seconds - literally - from the time it took me to walk from her bedroom to the kitchen (which isn't very far at all) she was done crying. I was so excited. She didn't even fuss enough to wake up Abby who was already asleep in the very same room! I was pretty impressed.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

you are good! I know several kids who still have their's that are months older than her...actually, they still have bottles and sleep in cribs too.