Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bunch of Random Things

I guess it's been a while again since I've posted anything. Sorry it just seems like we do the same thing everyday which doesn't seem exciting enough to write about. The weather's been much nicer lately - for the most part - so we got to go to the zoo for the first time this year. I forgot to take any pictures though. Next time we go they will have this really cool dinosaur thing set up and the kids are really excited about it. It costs extra money though so we'll probably only look at it once. I love being able to go to the zoo for free whenever we want. I would recommend getting a zoo pass to everyone!

Soon I'm going to start going through Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons with Emma. I think she'll pick up on it very quickly. She already knows most of her letters, maybe all of them, with little help from me. So I think she'll do fine. I just need to figure out when will be the best time to get it done. I'm lucky enough that she still takes a nap and they all nap at the same time, but that would also be our best time to go through it since it's nice and quiet. I'll just have to give it a shot when everyone is awake and see if it works. It's only supposed to take 15 minutes a day so we might be able to make it through without too many distractions. If anyone has gone through this book I'd love to know what you thought of it and any advice you might have.

Abby is still doing ok on the potty. She doesn't tell me if she has to go yet, but if we take her frequently she's able to stay dry pretty much all day. I really wish I would remember to take her more often! Emma only goes a few times a day, and that's usually when I remember about Abby, but I forget that she has to go much more frequently. I'm starting to feel much better now, so hopefully I'll get on top of things soon.

I hate the news! I never watch it anyway since it's mostly sports and sadness, but my grandmother feels the need to inform me of every depressing thing that happens. And I am very sick of hearing about babies being found in trash cans. This has happened in our area at least twice in the past month. What is up with that?! Uhg, I don't even know what else to say about it, just that I can't stand hearing stuff like that.

On a MUCH happier note: there's going to be a new Twilight related book out soon!! I'm so excited! It doesn't involved the main characters, but I'm sure it will be good anyway. I wish Stephanie Meyer would finish Midnight Sun, but I guess I'll take the story of Bree. Better than nothing for sure. To everyone, I say READ TWILIGHT (Lynn!)!!!

5 comments:

Heather said...

I used Teach Your Child To Read with both of my kids and they are both good readers. I highly recommend it! After you get through the first few lessons and they start really reading, I sometimes had to go over the same lessons more than once or break them up into more than one day. Good luck! Keep me posted on her progress!

Shelly said...

Oh great! I'm glad the book worked for you guys. That's encouraging. We got through the first lesson today and so far, so good. Did you use the BOB books or anything like that??

Lynn said...

Any news on baby #4????

yeah, I will read Twilight as soon as I get some free time!!! Which, at this rate, could be never.

Shelly said...

Not really any news yet. Heard the heartbeat and stuff, but it was really faint. They almost didn't find it. (Cause it was so early, not because of any kind of problem). It will be about 2 months before we find out if it's a boy or girl though. I don't want to wait that long!

And you have no excuses! They are super easy reads and that's what Jessie kept telling me, but she got through them in like a week even though she "didn't have any time". So....

Melissa said...

My mom used that book to teach me how to read, and I remember loving it. I was very excited to read actual stories. I remember on ein particular about a tiger out in the rain? Anyways, I loved it.