Thursday, May 1, 2008

Fun Times

Today the girls and I went to the park with Krista and her 3 boys. What an adventure that was! Emma has only been to the park a couple of times and was mostly just pushed in the swing on those occasions. She wasn't too sure about any of it at first and I had to hold her hand and talk her into going up a few steps and keep holding it whole she went down the baby slide. It didn't take her too long to take on that task alone, which was good since I was lugging Abby around. I talked her into going down the second smallest slide which she made me hold her hand with again. It was sweet to know that she still needs me to feel safe sometimes. Things were going pretty well until some older kids arrived. They nearly trampled her on several occasions. Then she followed them up the stairs to the BIG slide. It was a covered twisty slide and I think she would have freaked if she actually tried to go down. It was also a lot of steps for her to fall down so I had to go rescue her. When we left Krista came over to our house to chat for a while since we couldn't get a lot of that done while keeping track of all the kiddos at the park. By the time they left Emma was pretty pooped. She's not used to so much excitement. So she ate steak and goldfish (good combo huh?) for dinner and went to bed around 7:00. It was a fun day, nice change of pace. I can't wait until Krista and I try to tackle the zoo with all 5 kids!!

No comments: