Friday, October 8, 2010

Our Trip to the Pumpkin Patch

We got to go get our pumpkin today! We decided to just get one big family pumpkin this year instead of several little pumpkins. And I mean we got a BIG one!

The kids really like taking the wagon ride out to the pumpkin patch.

For some reason I didn't taking any pictures while we were actually looking for a good pumpkin. Maybe because I had a bunch of little people tripping every time I turned around. But here we are back on the wagon after we got the perfect one picked out.

Daddy, of course, got the lucky job of carrying and holding the beast.

We haven't carved it yet, but it is taking up a good chunk of our table. When were out in the field, we were trying to guess how much it weighed. I didn't try to pick it up or anything, but just by looking I said "it looks like it's about an Emma" (because I tend to use my kids as units of measure). An Emma = 40 pounds. When we got back to the store to pay for it we found out it weighed 42 pounds! So there is our crazy beast of a pumpkin!

No comments: